High School Hallways – Week of November 19th
High School Hallways is brief weekly digest of happenings in McKinney area high schools.
1) McKinney School Board Honors Boyd's Bailadoras
The McKinney Boyd Bailadoras have already been recognized by the McKinney City Council for their national championship accomplishment. At Tuesday night’s regular meeting of the Board of Trustees of McKinney ISD it was now the school district’s turn. Read More.
2) Texas Latin Teacher of the Year Keeps Latin Alive in 21st Century
Latin is alive and well in the 21st century thanks to the work of teachers like Jennifer Jarnagin of McKinney Boyd High School. Jarnagin was recently named Texas Latin Teacher of the Year by the Texas Foreign Language Association (TFLA). Read More.
3) MISD Athletes Sign National Letters of Intent on Wednesday's National Signing Day
On Wednesday, nine McKinney sudent-athletes signed their national letters of intent to further their athletic careers. Read More.
4) Boys Basketball Preview: MISD Teams Finding Size an Issue Heading Into New Districts
TSB gives you exclusive previews for each of the three MISD schools, including a link to each of the three full schedules. Can MHS and North return to the postseason, and can Boyd finally break its playoff drought in a brand new district? Read More.
5) TSB's Football Game of the Week: Driskell Injury, Turnovers Sink Boyd's Playoff Hopes in Loss to Jesuit
It wasn’t a good night for Boyd athletics. It was an even worse night for two of Boyd’s star athletes and their left knees. Read More.
6) Volleyball Playoffs: Mollett's Injury Too Much For Boyd to Overcome in State Semifinal Loss to New Braunfels
Megan Mollett left the arena on crutches. Her dreams of a state volleyball championship, like those of her McKinney Boyd teammates, also drifted out the doors of Garland's Culwell Center and into the chilly night air. Read More.
7) Boyd's Driskell Named Co-MVP in District 10-5A Football
The coaches of District 10-5A unveiled the first and second team honors Thursday, while also announcing the superlative awards that included District MVP. Read More.
8) Mustangs Fall To Broncos 52-14 In Area Football Playoff Game
McKinney Christian Academy lost in the opening round of the TAPPS III Area playoffs to the fifth ranked Bay Area Christian Broncos on Friday night. Read More.
Would you like to be featured in High School Hallways? Just send us an email.