High School Hallways – Week of September 17th
High School Hallways is brief weekly digest of happenings in McKinney area high schools.
1) Ten MISD Students Named National Merit Scholarship Semifinalists
Officials of National Merit Scholarship Corporation (NMSC) have announced the names of approximately 16,000 Semifinalists in the 58th annual National Merit Scholarship Program. They included 10 from MISD: five from McKinney Boyd, four from McKinney High and one from McKinney North. Read More.
2) Football Scoreboard: MHS Rolls Irving Nimitz to Stay Unbeaten; Boyd Tops Garland For First Win
It was a successful night for the McKinney High Lions and McKinney Boyd Broncos on Friday. Read More.
3) Teen Talk: Senior Year In All Its Glory
I didn’t fully understand the term Senioritis until after my first few weeks of senior year. After three busy weeks of AP classes, tests, starting the yearbook, dance classes, work, college applications, and everything else that comes along with being a senior, I find myself just about ready to burst out of the walls at McKinney High School. Read More.
4) TSB's Football Game of the Week: North Still Feels Confident Despite Falling to 0-3
“I’ve never felt better at 0-3 than I do right now.” That statement sums up McKinney North coach Mike Fecci’s message to his football team after a 42-21 loss to Frisco Centennial at Ron Poe Stadium on Friday night. Read More.
5) TSB's Volleyball Game of the Week: Boyd Overcomes Hebron in Next-To-Last Tune-Up Game Before District Play
Although Friday night’s McKinney Boyd volleyball game was incredible to watch, it was also one of those games that gets your blood pressure a little higher then you'd like. Read More.
6) Celebrating Heroes: McKinney Boyd Football Players Build Relationships On Campus
Each week McKinney Boyd football coach Don Drake and his players have a special rally. On the day before the game, the team invites special needs students to the indoor training facility. The two groups share a few minutes of encouragement, motivation and honor, culminating in a classic team “1,2,3!” cheer. Read More (and don’t miss the video coverage of this week’s hero!).
7) Boyd Bronco Fest
Come celebrate homecoming 2012 with the Boyd High School Broncos on Wednesday, September 19th from 6 - 8:30pm. The entire community is invited!
8) MCA Senior Honored as National Merit Scholarship Semifinalist
McKinney Christian Academy's Hannah Chappell is being honored as a Semifinalist in the National Merit Scholarship Program. Read More.
Would you like to featured in the next edition of High School Hallways? Just send us an email for more information.