The Collin County Genealogical Society and the Collin County Historical Commission are hosting the Texas Film Round-up which provides free digitization of your Texas-related "home movies" films and videos.
To qualify for free digitization, films or videos must be filmed in Texas, OR, filmed by a Texan, OR, feature Texas or Texans. Additionally, you must be willing to donate a digital copy of your materials to the Texas Archive of the Moving Image (TAMI) for their video library: www.texasarchive.org.
HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
1. Find your films and videos. (This is the hard part.)
2. Tell your friends and family about this project. They can participate, too. Participants do not have to live in Collin County.
3. Take your films to the Heard-Craig Hall Gallery in McKinney on Saturday, July 14 (306 N. Church St., McKinney, TX. It's best to label each film or video with your name and contact information -- perhaps using an address label. Then, group the films together in a ziploc bag, plastic bag, shoebox or something similar. When you drop them off, someone will help you complete the paperwork.
For more information, check out the flyer at the following website: http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~txcolcgs/media/roundup.pdf.
A FEW SAMPLES OF THE KINDS OF FILMS AND VIDEOS THAT QUALIFY
- birthday parties
- family vacations (whether in Texas or not)
- trips to your Grandparents' house
- school events like football games, band concerts, dances, proms, graduations, field trips
- boy scout and girl scout events
- church events
- community events like parades, rodeos, baseball games, July 4th celebrations, grand
- weather events in Texas like tornados, snowstorms, floods, hailstorms
- sightings of famous people
- historical events
- historical marker dedications
- oral histories
- and many more...
FOR MORE INFORMATION
The Collin County Texas Film Round-up Web page:
TexasArchive of the Moving Image: