Courtesy of our friends at the McKinney Convention and Visitors Bureau, the top picks for your weekend, July 15-17, 2011:
- Third Monday Trade Days (Fri-Sun from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm). Admission is free but parking is $5.00. It may be hot outside, but that doesn't stop the vendors and shoppers from heading out to McKinney's Third Mon- day Trade Days, the oldest and largest monthly trade days/flea market in North Texas.
- Hello, Dolly! (Thurs, Fri and Sat at 7:30pm; Sunday at 2:00 pm at Boyd High School) Presented by McKinney Summer Musicals.
- Free Resident Day at the Heard AND Texas Native Butterfly Gardens/House and Denizens of Darkness Exhibit (McKinney residents can show a valid drivers license or copy of their latest water bill to get in free at the Heard Museum on Saturday; 9:00 am -5:00 pm.)
- Hand Drum Workshop (10:00 am at Old Settlers Park) Cost is $5.00 and drums are available at the workshop.)
- Get Hooked! Kids fish in a giant portable fish tank at Eldorado Chevrolet from 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Take your catch home or KIDFISH will release them into local park ponds. 2300 N. Central Expressway; 972-569-0101.
Visit the TownSquareBuzz community calendar for other events happening around the area. Don't see your event? Add it for free!
The MASH UP vocal competition and fund-raiser is under way. Submit your solo or group video sample (under 2:00 minutes) before August 14. Readers - Vote for your favorites to advance to the next round!!